26.11.08

My Silly Turkey Family

"OK, I'm ready to come home now! I'm done with my experiment, I know what I want, can it be over now?"

Yep, this is what I'm thinking right about now. A little homesick, ready to participate in our consumer culture of comfort and everyday luxury. Part of me is thinking logically; 'this is fine, Anchen. You're warm enough, fed, learning tons of things and have free reign to experiment with knowledgable folks. What more could you want?' And the other part of me says, "a bath. Warm fingers and toes and clean clothes more than every two weeks and peace and quiet whenever I want and chocolate and chips (whenever I want) and and and..."

You can see what I have to deal with.

On the upside, the adverts here have skipped straight to christmas, since there's no Thanksgiving to get in the way. This will be my second vegan Thanksgiving, and I'm quite pleased not to be participating the turkey genocide once again. The only thing I'll be missing is my family, friends...my community!

Personally, I think every day should be Thanksgiving, with lots of feasting. That's how I think of my meals, anyway :)