12.8.09

Mmm, hmmm, yes ma'am

Back in the USA!

"Oh, how you build me up, buttercup, and I don't want to let you down..."
Welcome to my reality. How I remembered that GF vegan pizza from
Cosmic Pizza, and oh, how it just weren't the same! What a great
wake-up to reality of the world instead of the one in my head. Now,
being in Texas, it's another kind of wake up. Talking about trusting
the universe and just being here now are not common topics of
conversation, so I haven't been saying much lately. Even Grandmother
noticed, but there are other reasons I've been keeping my mouth shut
around her. Can't seem to do anything right :)

Texas. Well, it's hot and muggy, they think vegetables come out of a
can, and there is nothing to do, especially not when the towns are 30
miles apart and everything's closed anyway. But, I'm not bored. I'm
hanging out with my family which is turning out to be quite
interesting, to experience the dynamics and get to know people better
and have some clashes of my own. Aren't these travels always a
learning experience? And, Bree and I are throwing out ideas for what
to do on our roadtrip back - visit Tucson, the Grand Tetons and
Glacier National Park, and visit some intentional communities on our
way back. In fact, we have so many ideas of what to do I joked we'll
be zig-zagging our way back instead of going in a straight line. Suits
me fine.