2.12.08

A long weekend

Just back from the weekend.

We had an interesting change of events right before we left; two key people couldn’t make it, which meant we drove down to the South of Tasmania and stayed with Celia on her permie farm in Franklin, South of Hobart.

We were also picking up the long-awaited excavator, which meant we needed a Ute capable of towing a big trailer and holding five people.

This meant we rented a Ute in Smithton, crammed ourselves in and began the drive at 8:30 Saturday morning. Della was our driver, since Tyler’s illegal and I haven’t driven on the opposite side of the road before.

Let’s just say it was a long drive down and we were all happy to arrive.

What do I want to talk about now? I’m not giving a rundown of events – too much happened. I got thoroughly fed up with kids, I got to meet Emma, another member of Abeo, we visited Tasmazia (it was amaze-ing!) and I think I’ve got a plan for my next month or two here. As I knew it would, it’s all working out perfectly!